Welcome!

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Wonders Of Boracay


Super fine white sand. Cool pristine water. Mouth-watering fresh food. Exciting and fun activities.

That's Boracay for me. It's an amazing island in Visayas, in the province of Aklan. The Philippines has many wonderful beaches but the most popular of all is Boracay. It is world-renowned for its four kilometer long stretch of fine white sand. I think it is never too crowded nor too hot because the island has so much to offer.

A 50-minute flight from Manila to Caticlan is the fastest way to get there. From Caticlan airport, we were met by the hotel staff for a short ride to the jetty where we rode the speedboat to the island. My mom arranged for land and sea transfers so it was all convenient.

I had a great time there with my family, a perfect relaxation from school work. The main beach is called the White Beach, where you can find many resorts, shops and restaurants. It is divided into Stations 1, 2, and 3. When I arrived in Station 1, I noticed that it was quiet and peaceful. It has a wide shore where people just relaxed by sunbathing or sleeping or reading under beach umbrellas. Station 2 is famous for D'Mall, where you can buy souvenirs, shirts, beach wear and other things. We ate in some restaurants there, too. I did not go to Station 3. They said that there are many bars there, as well as new resorts and hotels. But I think Station 1 is the best.
 
I was really looking forward to this trip. I was so excited because I was only two years old when I first went there. I felt like this was a whole new world to me. I laughed at the stories my parents told me about the last time we were there, like I was the only kid enjoying the company of people having some coffee and  drinks at a beach side stall.

We stayed in Microtel by Wynham Boracay while my dad was attending a conference nearby. It is located in Diniwid Beach and has its own beachfront and a small pool. It also has an outdoor  restaurant called Mama's Fish House that served great tasting food. Everything we ordered were delicious. My mom was impressed with the serving and presentation, with fresh salad and vegetables for every main course. To my surprise, the service was great for what looked like a 3-star hotel from outside. The staff was quick to respond to our needs. Drinking water, ice and coffee were available for free 24 hours. I had a great overnight experience there especially our dinner in candlelight at the beach.

Then we transferred to Shangri-La's Boracay Resort and Spa. Now, that's  really a 5-star resort from the time we arrived. It has its own exclusive arrival area near the airport where we were served welcome drinks and cold towels to freshen up before getting transported to the island on a speedboat. It has two private beaches, Punta Bunga and Banyugan Beach, where I went snorkeling,  kayaking and built sand castles with my brother. But the sand is nothing compared to the White Beach. The green surroundings made me feel like I was in a forest with modern amenities! We enjoyed the huge pool, the comfortable Entertainment Center where we played billiards, air hockey, sungka and basketball. I also rented some videos to be enjoyed in our room. Oh, the room was spacious and very comfortable with lots of amenities to enjoy. Our breakfast buffet offered a wide selection of food. Yummy! Our seafood dinner buffet was sumptuous, too. I can stay here for a week!


My unforgettable experiences are all my first-time activities I did there.
(1) Sandboarding - It was exciting but a bit scary too. Too bad I only got to try it for a while. I fell but it was worth it!
(2) Wet Zorb - Wet but fun! They said it was better than dry zorb. I rolled down a hill in a ball filled with water. Don't worry, I bet you are thinking it was a ball full of water? No! It is just partially filled with splashing and cold water so we can move along with it as the ball rolled. The end of the Zorb ride is a pool and getting out of it was a challenge too!
(3) ATV on a rainy day. My dad let me drive from the front passenger's seat. Isn't that cool? We rode the ATV to a view deck where we could see the whole island. The view was great and it was really windy up there.
(4) Segway - I was slow and unsure at first but I knew I wanted to do it. After a few minutes, I felt more confident and I enjoyed going around and up and down the ramps. What an experience!

My favorite time was when I tried the fresh and great tasting shakes in Jonas Restaurant while watching the sunset. The banana shake was refreshing and filling, too! I also got to taste the mango strawberry shake. 

Take a break from the city and enjoy the peace and serenity of  Boracay. If you have no time to do the activities I mentioned, just go and enjoy the wonders of nature. Swim in the shallow, blue sea with its fine fine sand. You should see my brother's face and expression when he touched the sand for the first time. I can say that the island's magnificence is irresistible. I really feel that I should return there because of the beautiful beautiful beach.


"So what are you waiting for? Book now and fly to Boracay because Boracay is just EXCEPTIONAL."

No comments:

Post a Comment